What Type Of Collection To Start?
Many collectors have a particular theme for their collection. The very real possibility of completing the collection makes collecting exciting for many collectors.
Some themes are of course, easier complete than others. As well as less costly.
- Collecting coins from a particular country, or a collection of coins from every country that issues them.
- One of the most popular methods of collecting. Collecting a particular coin from every year it was issued. The Lincoln penny is a good example. You can purchase books that are designed especially to catalog this type of collection.
- This group includes coins from a particular period in history. It also includes coins from a particular century. Or those issued during a particular civilization or monarch’s reign.
- Coins usually depict something. A collection can be of coins depicting the same or similar subjects.
- Collecting coins based on what type of metal their made of is a popular category.
- When thousands or even millions of one particular coin is issued there’s usually more than one die. These dies often have slight differences. More differences are found in older coins since the dies were hand carved. An interesting collection could consist of a coin from each die.
- The mint mark tells where the coin was made. With several different locations minting coins and in different quantities thereby making some mint marks rarer than others, collecting the different mint marks makes for an interesting collection.
Articles compliments of skaDoogle
Other Interesting Articles
Are you interested in coin collecting? Have you ever tried collecting rare c... [Read more]Starting A Coin Collection For Kids
The best time to mould a child (kid) is when he/she is still young. By getting the curious minds involved in something educational, there is a very good chance that they will become responsible ad... [Read more]Coin Collection Tips: Finding A Coin Dealer
Coin dealers can be considered as best friends of coin collectors. It is quite easy to find one. Although, with qualities like being ethical and honest playing an important role, it may take you quite some time to search for one. As a coin dealer, you would want to negotiate or entrust your coin collections to someone who is qualified to play the part. What are the characteristics that you would like your coin dealer to have? He shoul... [Read more]Collecting Those Quarters
Collecting coins is a hobby that anyone and everyone could do. But collecting quarters is a hobby that - currently – it is estimated that one hundred six million Americans do. Men, women, and children of all ages are involved in collecting quar... [Read more]The Coin-price Is Right
There are many resources that can help coin collectors, old or new, in determining the value and worth of the coins they ... [Read more]
|Error: It's not possible to reach 'http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=Coins&ie=UTF-8&output=rss' RSS file...|