What Type Of Collection To Start?
Many collectors have a particular theme for their collection. The very real possibility of completing the collection makes collecting exciting for many collectors.
Some themes are of course, easier complete than others. As well as less costly.
- Collecting coins from a particular country, or a collection of coins from every country that issues them.
- One of the most popular methods of collecting. Collecting a particular coin from every year it was issued. The Lincoln penny is a good example. You can purchase books that are designed especially to catalog this type of collection.
- This group includes coins from a particular period in history. It also includes coins from a particular century. Or those issued during a particular civilization or monarch’s reign.
- Coins usually depict something. A collection can be of coins depicting the same or similar subjects.
- Collecting coins based on what type of metal their made of is a popular category.
- When thousands or even millions of one particular coin is issued there’s usually more than one die. These dies often have slight differences. More differences are found in older coins since the dies were hand carved. An interesting collection could consist of a coin from each die.
- The mint mark tells where the coin was made. With several different locations minting coins and in different quantities thereby making some mint marks rarer than others, collecting the different mint marks makes for an interesting collection.
Articles compliments of skaDoogle
Other Interesting Articles
Coin collection is not just about having as many coins as possible. More important than the number of coins is the quality of those coins. This quality is measured by the coins’ grade and the grade is measured using a scale from zero to seventy (seventy being the highest point grade). Doctor William Shelby introduced this point scale in his work “Penny Whi... [Read more]Collecting Those Quarters
Collecting coins is a hobby that anyone and everyone could do. But collecting quarters is a hobby that - currently – it is estimated that one hundred six million Americans do. Men, women, and children of all ages are involved in collecting quar... [Read more]A Coin Is Worth More Than A Coin
Coin collectors, old and new, have always wondered whether the coin or coins they have in their possession are worth more than the face value today - or in the foreseeable fu... [Read more]Joining A Coin Club
People engage in social activities for many reasons; most common is sharing in the same interest and passion as other people. It is in places like these that information about a certain subject is shared and new ideas and trends are revealed that keep its members up to date with current events that happen in that ... [Read more]Tips On How To Avoid Fraud On Collectible Coins
Many people enjoy shopping online where there are great buys of coins that can be found. A person may prefer do his shopping while he is at home because it is convenient and time-saving instead of going out looking for stores that sell collectible coins and other souve... [Read more]
|Error: It's not possible to reach 'http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=Coins&ie=UTF-8&output=rss' RSS file...|